Another great day in Paris has come and gone! Today, I took off pretty early, and all of the streets were very quiet, and you could smell all of the fresh pastries from the bakeries - yummy! The first thing I came across was the Place des Vosges. It's Paris' oldest square where a lot of famous people (well, royals, authors, etc.) have lived. It was quaint and very nice, but I had some bigger and better on my mind. The Louvre! I got some serious culture today, ya'll! Although, I can't remember the names of some of the paintings, so if anybody knows...please tell me! Check it all out below. My favorite, "The Winged Victory."

Venus de Milo

The Winged Victory

The Winged Victory (I totally just "cheered" V-I-C-T-O-R-Y!)

Mona Freaking Lisa! - Leonardo da Vinci

The Virgin and Child with Saint Anne - Leonardo da Vinci

La Belle Jardiniere (Madonna and Child with Saint John the Baptist) - Raphael

Self-portrait with Daughter - Élisabeth Vigée-Le Brun

Psyche and Cupid - Antonio Canova
I spent about 4 hours at The Louvre, and I didn't come close to seeing everything. Afterwards, I

got some lunch and sat/ate in the Tuileries Garden right outside of The Louvre. It was nice to be off my feet for a bit, but I had to keep on keeping on! So, I headed off for Notre Dame. WOW! The stained glass windows were too cool! After hanging out inside for awhile, I decided to go to the top which meant more steps and more tiny passageways. Am I stupid!?! Nobody has to actually answer that, by the way! It wasn't too bad though, and the view from the top was amazing. I could see Sacre Coeur sitting on the hill off in the distance. It was too cloudy for any good pictures, though, sorry! I also went up to the bell tower, saw lots of cool gargoyles, and I'm sure I saw flying buttresses...although I'm not exactly sure what those are! Whew, I n
eed to go to work and take a break from my weekend...I'm worn out!

4 comments:
You may not know this, but I'm sure you do...
"The Winged Victory" is actually a statue of the Goddess Nike of Samothrace. It is the same Nike that the shoe company is named after.
I like Winged Victory too, I don't think I've ever seen that one before.
u make me so jealous!
...
forget ur couch =[
Why'd DAVER always gotta try to show someone up?
Post a Comment